SkyWorks Holdings today announced transactions and activities performed during Q4 2017 for its Asset Management, Investment Banking, & Management Consulting Groups.
Asset Management Group Activities:
Asset Management Services, provided through SkyWorks Leasing, included transactions for 11 aircraft and additional services as follows:
- On behalf of Modern Logistics, a Brazilian 3PL and air freight operator, SkyWorks sourced and arranged an operating lease for one 737-300SF. The aircraft is scheduled for delivery in February 2018.
- SkyWorks arranged leases for three A330-200s to Onur Air, Turkey. Two aircraft were delivered in December, while the third will be delivered in January 2018. The aircraft are controlled by a group of U.S. financial institutions.
- On behalf of BancFirst, SkyWorks arranged the lease return and subsequent sale of one ERJ135.
- On behalf of a group of U.S. financial institutions, SkyWorks arranged the sale of two B767-300ERs previously leased to Delta Air Lines.
- On behalf of a U.S. investor, SkyWorks arranged the sale of an ex-American Airlines B757-200 to Flying Tech, China.
- On behalf of a U.S. based commercial lender, SkyWorks arranged for a long term lease of one E175LR to Republic Airline.
- SkyWorks provided investment analysis and advisory services to a U.S. investor, resulting in the acquisition of one B777-300ER on lease to Cathay Pacific and one A320 on lease to Scoot Tigerair.
- SkyWorks is currently offering two 2006 YoM A330-300s (RR), available in September 2018 fresh from 12Y check, for sale or lease; and one 2006 A320 (IAE), available in April 2018 fresh from 12Y check, for sale or lease.
Investment Banking & Management Consulting Group Activities:
Investment Banking and Management Consulting Services, provided through SkyWorks Capital, included the following:
- SkyWorks arranged a JOLCO financing on behalf of Aeromexico for a 787-9 aircraft delivered by Boeing in December. NTT Finance Corporation and JA Mitsui Leasing, Ltd jointly underwrote the equity investment. NTT Finance and Development Bank of Japan underwrote the debt and are joined by KFW in the debt funding of the transaction. Natixis New York Branch provided an interest rate swap and act as Facility and Security Agent.
- SkyWorks acted as arranger/advisor to Aeromexico on the PDP/SLB financing for 25 aircraft (17 737 MAX 8 and 8 737 MAX 9) aircraft with three operating lessors: JSA, SMBC and Ping An. All aircraft are scheduled to deliver between 2018 and 2020.
- SkyWorks completed its 2017 engagement as arranger/advisor to Delta Air Lines on the sale and leaseback financing for narrowbody aircraft (a combination of A321s and 737-900ERs). During the quarter, six aircraft closings were completed (3 A321-200s and 3 737-900ERs).
- SkyWorks provided fleet- and network-related advisory services to an Asia Pacific flag carrier, a European flag carrier, and a Caribbean flag carrier.
- SkyWorks provided strategic advisory services to a Middle East investor.
- SkyWorks provided investment advisory services with respect to an aircraft subject to operating lease to a group of financial institutions.
- SkyWorks was retained to provide investment advisory services with respect to an aircraft subject to operating lease to be acquired by a Japanese investor.
- SkyWorks continued to act on behalf of Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings in respect of 20 767-300ERFs that it is acquiring to operate for Amazon Fulfillment Services, Inc. In 2017, 12 of these aircraft were funded via a Japanese bank (6 aircraft) and a private placement transaction (6 aircraft).
- SkyWorks continued to provide due diligence and debt restructuring advisory services to a Middle East investor.
- SkyWorks continued to serve as an arranger/advisor to an operating lessor to arrange debt financings for one 777-300ER and one 737-800 aircraft that it is acquiring.
About SkyWorks Holdings, LLC:
SkyWorks Holdings provides a full complement of asset management, investment banking, and management consulting services globally to the aviation industry through its subsidiaries SkyWorks Leasing and SkyWorks Capital. SkyWorks Leasing, which operates the firm’s Asset Management Group, is a leading independent aircraft remarketing firm and provides turnkey third-party portfolio asset management, remarketing, and technical advisory services for owners and operators of commercial aircraft. SkyWorks Capital, which operates the firm’s Investment Banking and Management Consulting Groups, is a premier aviation advisory and investment banking firm founded in 2002.
SkyWorks has performed services encompassing over 10% of the global commercial jet fleet. SkyWorks has advised on aircraft order campaigns for over 1,100 aircraft; arranged lease and debt financing of more than $20 Billion; performed asset management and servicing on over 150 aircraft with over 80 aircraft currently under management; remarketed and traded over 250 aircraft; undertaken portfolio and M&A related evaluations on
over 2,600 aircraft; performed restructuring advisory in connection with more than 1,800 aircraft; and provided network and fleet planning advisory encompassing 300 aircraft.
SkyWorks operates globally with offices in Greenwich, CT., Dublin, and Singapore, and with senior team members located in additional regions around the world.
SkyWorks is headquartered at 283 Greenwich Avenue, Greenwich, CT. 06830, Tel. 203-983-6677.www.skyworkscapital.com
Managing Director & Head of Asset Management
+1 (203) 983-6683
Managing Director & Head of Investment Banking
+1 (303) 663-6630
Managing Director & Head of Management Consulting
+1 (203) 983-6685
SkyWorks Announces Q3 2017 Activities